flash mobiles
Welcome all our visitors
in our forum you found:
firmwares samsung,nokia,iphone,lg,motorola and all
kind of android and apple ios
you have to register to see all links

flash mobiles

ROMS, FLASHES, HTC, SAMSUNG, NOKIA, IPHONE, ALCATEL, MOTOROLLA

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

1999 – Moby Reinventing music production

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
darkness
Freak Poster
Freak Poster

PostSubject: 1999 – Moby Reinventing music production   Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:48 am

1999 – Moby
Reinventing music production
Since the beginning of time (or at least the beginning of popular music), making a hit album involved record companies, studio time, and seemingly endless streams of cash. In 1999, however, that process would change with the help of artists like Moby. He used his Mac to sample, sequence, and mix in his tiny bedroom studio. The resulting award-winning album, Play, remains as influential today as when it was released.

“I’ve been a musician since I was nine years old,” says the Connecticut native. It was a creative arc that would transition from classical to punk to hip‑hop to electronica. But one thing remained constant: He liked being in control. “When I was starting out, I didn’t want to play in a band. I wanted to do everything myself, and the only way that was possible was with home recording,” he says. At first that meant using a clunky standalone sequencer. Then he discovered the Mac.

“It never even dawned on me to use a computer that wasn’t a Mac.”

— Moby

“It was emancipating and phenomenal,” he says. “Suddenly I could play 20 different instruments at the same time.” After taking most of a year to gain steam, Play went on to produce nine hit singles — an unprecedented feat in the electronica genre. It was also the first album to have all its tracks licensed for films, TV shows, or commercials. Since its release, Moby has collected dozens of awards. In total, his records have sold upwards of 20 million copies worldwide. And it all started in his apartment, on a Mac.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

1999 – Moby Reinventing music production
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1